Register For This Event
Registration for competitors is offered completely free of charge. In order to secure your spot in the division that you wish to locate, please register early.
2023 International Utility Locate Rodeo Preferred Hotel
December 6th & 7th, 2023
Book your stay after March 1, 2023 by calling the Oasis & Convention Center at 417-866-5253 and reference the MCGA Summit and International Utility Locate Rodeo.
Lock in your stay before November 13, 2023 to qualify for our group rate.
Additional Hotel Options Offerings Near The International Locate Rodeo Location:
Holiday Inn (Closest to the Host Hotel) – 2720 North Glenstone Ave. – 417-865-8600
Comfort Inn – 2815 North Glenstone Ave. – 417-869-8246
Holiday Inn Express & Suites – 3050 Kentwood Ave. – 417-708-4699
Things to do while you’re in Springfield
2023 ILR Official Agenda Coming Soon
Tuesday, December 5th
Arriving in Springfield, MO early? Feel free to attend two events! Chose from the following:
- 6:00 PM –Attend the OPTIONAL 2023 MOCGA Summit & ILR welcome reception. 6:00 PM at the Springfield Oasis Convention Center Maui & Coco ballrooms. Meet, greet, and hang out with the MOCGA team, Summit attendees, Summit & ILR supporters. Live music, drinks, food, and fun!
Wednesday, December 6th
- 8:00 AM – The 2023 MOCGA Summit kicks off! Be there! Find out more at www.mocommonground.org. We’ll be at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds. Yep! We’ve combined the MOCGA Summit and the International Locate Rodeo into one awesome event.
- 9:30 AM – Attend OPTIONAL 1.5-hour locator training at the Summit, provided by the experts at Radiodetection and Subsurface Solutions. Register through Rocky Harris at email@example.com or 417-840-6574.
- 12:30 PM – All-Call to 2023 ILR Competitors: You’re rock stars! Be at the amazing ILR kickoff at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds in Missouri811’s Click or Call Hall. MANDATORY: All 2023 ILR competitors must be at the 2023 Kickoff. This is going to be COOL!
- 1:00 PM – MANDATORY ILR Competitor Meeting. ANY ILR competitors that miss this meeting are disqualified. ILR volunteers must attend as well. ILR sponsors are encouraged to attend this meeting & introduce yourselves!
- 7:00 PM – Attend the optional – but AWESOME – Casino Night at the Springfield Oasis Grand Ballroom. Be ready to throw down at the tables and have a great time at our live auction that ends the night! These are “paper money” tables & we’ll even provide ILR competitors with seed money!
Thursday, December 7th
- 7:00 AM – Shuttles will take you to the competition site. We’ll begin loading at 7:00 AM so everyone can be on site at 8:00 AM for the competition start. Buses load at the Springfield Oasis FRONT LOBBY ENTRANCE. Doughnuts, snacks, drinks, and lunch are provided at the competition site. Special transportation needs? Contact Lori Coots at 816-365-1837. Do not drive a personal vehicle to the site. Guests are welcome but they must register and ride shuttle buses to the competition site.
- 8:00 AM – 2023 International Locate Rodeo begins. All competitors must be on site at the start of the competition. While you’re at the ILR: Stop by and say thank you to our vendors, sponsors, and supporters! Without their help, the International Locate Rodeo would not be possible!
- 6:00 PM – 2023 International Locate Rodeo Awards Banquet begins. We’ll be back at the Springfield Oasis Convention Center Maui & Coco rooms. All are encouraged to attend and celebrate the competition champions! Let’s have some fun!
Training classes are provided completely free of charge as part of the 2023 MOCGA Summit held in conjunction with the 2023 International Utility Locate Rodeo. Details to follow.
See more details at www.mocommonground.org
Jeff Trowbridge w/ Subsurface Solutions
firstname.lastname@example.org | 913-275-9589
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to enter?
Participation in the International Locate Rodeo is offered completely free of charge to competitors.
Can I sign up to compete on the utility type of my choice?
Yes. The competition will allow you to choose your preferred utility type.
What if all of the 30 slots are already filled in the Division that I want to compete in?
Your only choice would be to select another Division. It is suggested that you register as early as possible in order to compete in the desired Division.
Will the competitive events include all types of utility facilities?
Events will include the following utility types: water (metallic), natural gas (tracer wire and metallic), power, and telecommunications (including fiber, copper and CATV) will be involved.
Will we have to sign a liability release?
Yes. Waivers will be available on site and must be completed as part of the on site registration process in order to compete.
How many competitors can come from a single company?
There is no limitation on competitors by company.
Will a paramedic be on the grounds?
First Aid kits and EMTs will be on site.
Can family come to watch the competition, attend the Awards Banquet?
Yes! Watching at the competition site is encouraged, shows support for your locator! Spectators can attend completely free of charge. But due to the lack of parking space, spectators and family members will need to take shuttle buses to the competition site. Make sure family members and visitors register. Please let us know if your guest is planning to attend our evening events and Awards Banquet.
Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com if you have specific questions. Dress appropriately for the weather we will be experiencing that week.
Will chairs be available for family members and spectators?
Plenty of seating is available for use inside and outside. So don’t worry about traveling with lawn chairs! There’s really no need to bring anything to the competition site except for appropriate clothing. Almost everything is provided, including food, shelter, seating, etc. The event is on the first week of December, so check the forecast prior to traveling to Missouri and bring clothing appropriate for outdoor work for 8 hours. Appropriate footwear is a must, so consider bringing insulated mud boots.
Will a concession stand be set up with soft drinks and food?
Hurt’s Doughnuts, coffee, drinks, and a bar-b-que lunch are provided to competitors, competitor spectators, volunteers, and vendors at no cost.
Do I need to check in for the Rodeo?
All competitors and volunteers must check in at the ILR social event.
More information will follow.
A MANDATORY COMPETITOR MEETING WILL TAKE PLACE. MORE WILL FOLLOW ON THE MEETING LOCATION.
All competitors must attend to sign waivers and receive their info packet that evening.
Missing the mandatory check-in meeting may disqualify the competitor.
Please plan travel plans accordingly. Traffic and weather events may cause serious delays at the airport and to the hotel. Please arrive to Springfield early, and plan travel accordingly. We will see you at the evening social event! Travel safely!
What about parking at the Rodeo grounds?
All Competitors will be shuttled to and from the Hotel. Due to limited options, spectators are
encouraged to ride the shuttles with the competitors.
Is locator training available as part of the International Locate Rodeo?
Yes, in conjunction with the 2023 MOCGA
Summit. More information to follow.
Is Personal Protective Equipment required to compete in the ILR?
YES. Bring PPE appropriate for safe locating. This includes hard
hat, proper footwear, and high-visibility garments. Bring the same PPE
your company requires. Dress appropriately for the weather we will be
experiencing that week.
If you did not find your answer here or elsewhere on our website, feel free to contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific questions.